Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monday June 1st




Kendall and I are left for New York today. We are excited and a little nervous. We will miss our family. I hope we have packed everything we will need. There are a few tears as we say good bye to everyone. Jenny came with Stella and Anthony to drop us off at the shuttle that will take us to Indianapolis were we will get on the plane to take us to Newark, NJ. It’s hard to say goodbye to Jenny. We spend a lot of time with her and are not sure if she will be able to come and visit us. We arrive in Newark, New Jersey without any problems and a town car is waiting for us that the concierge from the Sky Club where we are staying at has arranged. It’s only about ten to fifteen minutes to Hoboken where we are staying and we enjoy seeing the city on the way. We talk to dad and the kids who are waiting for us to get settled in and get onto the web cam so we can see each other. We arrive at the Sky Club and are greeted by the doorman who helps us with our bags. The apartment looks just as we imagined and just as it did in the pictures. It’s very nice except that it looks as if it needs to be cleaned. The floor is dirty, fridge still has food in it (eggs expired in March) and it’s a little dusty. I am wondering if the sheets have been washed, probably not. It is now about 10:30 pm and I need to go out and buy laundry soap to wash the sheets and there is no toilet paper. I stop at the desk and ask the doorman if it is safe to go out this late at night and where to go. He looks at me like I might be crazy and says of course it is safe. I walk about three blocks to the convenience store. Laundry soap is ten dollars. Wow! I buy some cereal, milk, soap, trash bags, dishwasher soap, and some snacks. The total is $45.00. I call the owner to tell him the apartment is messy and he is surprised. He says he will call a cleaning agency at his expense. I try to get on the web cam with Tom and the children and have a difficult time. By the time I am able to get on the children are sleeping. It is good to see Tom. We get the sheets washed and get to bed around 1:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment